Sunday, September 21, 2014

Kingdom Of Heaven

For some reason this movie seemed to be a bit different than the other two that we saw.  It was not that it was bad and the other two were good so much as it was just different.  I agree that they were shown starting with the best but they were all good.  That being said there were some things that I didn't like about the movie.  For starters like most movies there is a fair amount of historical inaccuracies and though it will probably never happen I wish they would just try to be a little more accurate.  More than almost any period in history though I am interested in warfare during the middle ages so it was kind of cool to see the weapons and tools the army had (like the Trebuchet).

I also think that Kingdom of Heaven has a lot of applications to today.  The struggle for control over the Jerusalem region is one that continues to this day with multiple factions claiming it to be their right.  To be honest I thought that the movie was either going to portray the Christian Crusaders or the Muslims in a positive yet one-sided light and was pleasantly surprised to by their focusing more on how all religions should be allowed to worship there.  I was interested in the characters as well as there were more here than in the other two movies that we saw.  Naturally I was a little disappointed to learn that that too was not very accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment