Saturday, January 10, 2015

United 93

I think that this was probably one of the better movies we have seen so far.  That being said it was understandably hard to watch.  There are many things that we all have to learn about that people don't necessarily enjoy hearing about and are scary and/or sad.  I think this movie did an excellent job capturing the horror and pure shock at understanding what had been going on.  I also do not feel that there were so many interesting characters as they seemed just to be real.  I could see everyone of these people in real life as they were depicted doing very human and very emotional things. 

United 93 does not fill me with despair.  Nor does it fill me with hope.  I feel that there is reason to mourn and to grieve but no reason to despair.  That being said there is no hope of reasoning with these people who would commit the terrorist attacks.  More than anything the movie fills me with a feeling of anger.  I do not remember where I heard it but somebody once defined a rebel as being a person who fought against the the military.  A perfect example of this was in a movie we saw earlier this year about the partisans.  While in order to survive they did steal from some civilians they targeted only military targets.  The terrorists behind 9-11 targeted civilians and even if they had only crashed into the pentagon they hijacked civilian aircraft which is something unforgivable.  The United States and other countries besides have hurt civilians but it was by accident and they were not the intended targets.

To me never forget means two different things.  The first is to honor the memory of those who lost their lives on 9-11 at the hands of truly evil people.  The second meaning, at least to me, is to not forget that there are groups or even countries out there that would love to see us destroyed and to keep our guard up.


No comments:

Post a Comment